3.07.2009

Thunderheist Set [Live]


Friendly Fires - Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning (Cut Copy Remix)
PNAU - Embrace
Anoraak - Fantasy Park (Moulinex Remix)
La Roux - In for the Kill (Twelves Remix)
Sebastian Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Remix)
Cut Copy - Nobody Lost, Nobody Found
Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream (Sam La More Remix)
Bomb The Bass - Old John
Royksopp - Poor Leno
Snoop Dogg - Sensual Seduction (Wideboys Reix)
The Presets - Talk Like That (CFCF Remix)
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Tenzin Remix)
Lykke Li - Breaking it Up (Punks Jump Up)
Chromeo - 100% (Nacho Lovers Remix)
Radiohead - Reckoner (Twelves Remix)

I got my baby back. This Macbook pro is making all the difference right now. 200% more battery life, 200% more productivity, 200% more procrastination, and 100% more DJing as of late. The Palmer Gallery exhibit was a solid success, I got a lot of good feedback despite my submission being straight silly. I spun at the Loeb art gallery as well for a late night viewing. Lots of fun, a chance to play more experimental tracks and meet some spacey art heads from the hudson valley. Smuggled out my share of wine and cheese before calling it a night, too. Then we had the Thunderheist gig on Friday, another big night for me. Their performance was...questionable...but all in all they were a good time and friendly people. Their DJ made a point of thanking me specifically for my opening set. I played some aussie house, making sure not to kill the crowd before they went on. The art of the warmup is something I've definitely gotta train, but that was a good start. It's all about not fully climaxing at the peaks; keeping things just at the brink of that crescendo in a very prog-house sort of way. I'll definitely be cookin up a new mix over break, until then you can grab the live recording (a bit sloppy, but that just makes it more reeeaal) from Friday up top.

1 comment:

Nick Camillo said...

This mix is fucking ill dude